This blog was revived partly to keep track of my goal to read one book a month. I'm proud to say that I did way more than that. Here's what I was able to achieve for 2011:
- Continue taking a regular yoga class
- Finish The Largest Pearl and write two other short stories for my portfolio -I was able to write three more short stories: Malabon, Going Up, and Those That Live By the Gun.
- Write regularly
- Join the Palanca Awards
- Read at least one book a month -33 books read in 2011, hurrah!
- Travel to somewhere I've never been -Kalinga, Samar, and Moalboal, Cebu
- Get the best scores possible in both the TOEFL and GRE -I got a 700 in Verbal, 640 in Quantitative and 4.5 in Analytical Writing. And I aced the TOEFL.
- Apply for an MFA in Creative Writing -in process.