Sunday, January 01, 2012

How I did with My 2011 Resolutions

How did I do for 2011?

This blog was revived partly to keep track of my goal to read one book a month. I'm proud to say that I did way more than that. Here's what I was able to achieve for 2011:

  • Continue taking a regular yoga class
  • Finish The Largest Pearl and write two other short stories for my portfolio
  • -I was able to write three more short stories: Malabon, Going Up, and Those That Live By the Gun.
  • Write regularly
  • Join the Palanca Awards
  • Read at least one book a month
  • -33 books read in 2011, hurrah!
  • Travel to somewhere I've never been
  • -Kalinga, Samar, and Moalboal, Cebu
  • Get the best scores possible in both the TOEFL and GRE
  • -I got a 700 in Verbal, 640 in Quantitative and 4.5 in Analytical Writing. And I aced the TOEFL.
  • Apply for an MFA in Creative Writing
  • -in process.
What I haven't done will have to remain a secret, but I'm happy with what I've achieved. Now onto 2012!

No comments: